Centre Of Excellence
1st Phase :
This noble scheme has been initiated in the last year by the Govt. of India to upgrade 500 ITls all over India into "Centre of Excellence" in this lOth five year plan period. These centres will be different from the conventional ITIs in respect of curriculum, duration of training, trade testing and certification.
Each such centre will be a "Centre of
Excellence" having responsibility to cater to the skill requirement of the
cluster of Industries in a particular sector of Industrial activities viz. IT
Sector, Automobile Sector, Transport Sector, Tourisms Sector etc.
developed/developing in the region in the vicinity of that centre by organizing
multi-skill courses on modular basis having provision for multi-entry & multi
exit as well as lateral and vertical mobility for the trainees.
* Admission : For Basic Training under COE admission are proposed to be held in August each year.
* Eligibility : 10lh pass under 10+2 system.
* Batch Size/ Intake capacity : For BBBT - 100 trainees
Centre of Excellence have already been set up in the session 2005-06 at following ITIs with the sector/field noted against each.
Name of ITI with Address
ITI, Gariahat, 10& 10/1, Gariahat Road,
ITI., Tollygunge, 24, Chandi Ghosh-
Road, Kolkata - 700 040. Ph. 033-24113692
ITI., Durgapur, po: Muchipara,
Durgapur - 713 212, Dist: Burdwan
Ph. No. 0343-2557371.
The main objective is to introduce new multi skilled modular courses as per the needs of the Industries for providing employable skills adopting new training technology by way of building up partnership with the nearby industries and setting up Institute Management Committee (IMCs) to be chaired by the representative of Industries having autonomous authority.
* The training in above CoEs is provided in three parts as given below:
* Training in Basic skill areas for period of one year.
* Training in Advanced modules for next six months.
* The testing & certification for the Basic skill training during first year & also for Advanced training during next six months will be conducted by NCVT.
* Training in specialized modules mainly in the industry (The course curricula, duration etc. will be designed in consultations with the IMC/local industry). The trade testing & certification for this component will be done jointly by the State Government & Industry. Said certificate will be recognized by NCVT.
The training programme will have multi-entry and multi-exit provisions.
· Trainee can opt to go to the labour market after completing broad based basic training of one year duration as well as after completing 1 1/2 year(one and half year) of training.
· Trainee can come back after some time to seek admission for advanced/specialized training in another module
ITI pass out trainee of the
particular trade(s) from the conventional system can seek admission for
advanced/specialized training in relevant Sectors.
2nd Phase :
In the 2nd phase, in the year 2006 , 3 ITIs in West Bengal have been upgraded into Centre of Excellence in the field /sector noted against their name.The training programme in Broad Based Basic Training Courses ( BBBT ) have been started from August 2006 session.
Name of ITIs with Address
Sevoke Road, P.O – Ektiasal
Dist. – Darjeeling. Pin- 734401
Ph No. 0353-2542281
Women ITI Banipur
P.O – Banipur, Habra
Pin – 743233
Dist. – 24 Parganas (North)
Ph. No. 03216-270743
P.O – Durgachak
Dist.- Purba Midnapore
Pin – 721602
Ph. No. 03224-274220
Director of Industrial Training
Govt. Of West Bengal